1. My electrical heating mat or cable has been damaged/broken. Can I fix it?
Yes, all mats and cables can be repaired. DEVI offers a comprehensive and accurate fault (location) finding service. Contact your electrical installer for more details.
2. Can I extend the cold tails/sensor cable?
Both the cold tails and the sensor cables can be extended by up to 50 meters.
3. What is the maximum floor finish thickness I can have with DEVImat/DEVIlex heating cables?
This will depend upon the finish specified. For timber surfaces: 20mm for soft wood; 30mm for hard wood; most wood laminates are OK, but may need to be treated on merit. Talk to your floor covering supplier. Most vinyl floor coverings are suitable as long as you adhere to the manufacturer’s temperature limits and the elements are encased within the floor or a surface screed/FLC. Most carpets and underlays are suitable
4. What type of power supply do I need?
This will depend upon the area being heated and the density of electrical heating cable/mat installed. Typically, we install at approx. 140 to 150 W/m² of heated floor area. Contact an installer recommended by DEVI for advice.
5. Is my underfloor heating suitable for use underneath carpets?
Yes, provided the mat/cables are first covered with latex floor leveling compound, and the carpet used with a floor heating system is certified, approved, and confirmed by its manufacturer.
Μπορούν τα θερμαντικά σώματα (καλοριφέρ) να αντικατασταθούν με fan coil;
Για να γίνει αυτό, πρέπει να υπάρχουν κάποιες προϋποθέσεις: